Working on the big PR Expose rubygem reverse depencencies #945, I extracted some patches that can be included on master directly.
I had performance issues with the reverse depencencies calls, and I found that comes from SQL that took most of the time.
On the model
Rubygem reverse depencencies was calculated by getting all IDs
Version with same
Simple solution is to use
select instead of
pluck, this will create one SQL
SELECT IN ....
Simple one, on the
rubygems#show template there is list of links, so using a
simple Array and
public_send introduced in Ruby 1.9.1.
Refactoring and updating
validate-website, had issue with
that use to work on 3.6 version of
I had added exit status to inch and only for suggest, for continuous
integration. It will be released on
0.7.0 version, so it’s not yet available.
I like lint files and keep thing clean and consistant. I found ansible-lint really useful locally and on Travis-CI.
As you can see most of the fixes are « curl used in place of get_url module », «
tar used in place of unarchive module », « Git checkouts must contain explicit
version » and « rm used in place of argument state=absent to file module ». To
test that I did not created issues, I used the
vagrant provisioning and see
that no changes has been created.